It doesn’t rain often in Portugal. In fact, the Algarve has an annual average of 3000 sunshine hours that is on average 12 hours in the summer and 6 hours in the winter and winter temperatures never fall below zero. However, when the weather’s not so great, you can always:
– Find unique gifts at Porches Pottery, housed in a traditional Algarvian farmhouse, and enjoy a light lunch at the adjacent Bar Bacchus that is beautifully decorated with murals telling the story of the Roman god Bacchus. Closed every Sunday.
– Seek out beautifully handmade arts and crafts at the Arabian style indoor market hall of Loulé. Closed every Sunday.
– Spend a day pampering yourself at the Pine Cliffs Serenity Spa with its’ luxurious Thermal Oasis with Hydro Pool, Turkish Bath and Himalayan Rock Salt Sauna.
– Explore one of the best preserved Moorish castles, in the historical town of Silves, and if you enjoy seafood enjoy a leisurely lunch at the restaurant, Rui Marisqueira, not far from the castle. Other top things to do in Silves.
– Visit a large selection of stores at the Algarve Shopping centre with a variety of restaurants and cafés on the top floor.