Celebrate your Algarve rustic wedding at Figs on the Funcho
If you are looking for a blissful, tranquil and breathtaking location for your celebration, then this is it! Enjoy your rustic wedding celebration in the Algarve with clean country air and spectacular sunsets to provide an unforgettable backdrop for those important photos.
The spacious, tranquil outdoor areas are ideal for serving pre-party Champagne and canapés near the Pool Deck, the ceremony on the Sunset Terrace and the reception dinner under the canopy of the mature carob trees on the Waterfront Deck .
This is truly the ultimate secluded and peaceful spot for up to 100 guests for drinks or 70 for a sit-down dinner.
We have supplied many weddings at this venue and just love the stunning views, breath taking location and tranquil atmosphere. Truly a prefect wedding venue – Tom Longhurst from Algarve Marques.
Video images of a rustic wedding at Figs on the Funcho
The following video has been lovingly created to inspire you to visit Figs on the Funcho where wedding moments are captured with beautiful rustic and country photo backdrops. Portugal wedding memories to cherish forever.
If you are looking for a truly unique rural Wedding venue you wont get much better than The River House, I can’t recommend this place highly enough….you wont be disappointed with its location and beautiful views overlooking the river – Charlie from Wedding DJ Services Kaleidosonix.
Your riverside wedding location
Just a 35-minute drive from Faro Airport into the Algarve’s peaceful countryside, The River House and The River Lodge (available from 2021) can be rented exclusively for your intimate wedding celebration.
Accommodation for your wedding party
An ideal location for your wedding guests is a beach hotel, only a 30 minute drive from the villa, with panoramic views of the ocean, a gorgeous sandy beach and in strolling distance to shops, cafes, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool overlooking one of the best beaches in the Algarve. A coach to transport your guests to Figs on the Funcho allows everybody to enjoy your celebration. Cheryl can help you with all the arrangements.
Your rehearsal dinner
Enjoy a family style lunch, dinner or BBQ on the waterfront deck where you can enjoy a wonderful welcome to all your loved ones. Contact Cheryl for menus and options for this special occasion.
How we can help you plan your wedding day
Whatever you are looking for your wedding abroad to be: an intimate gathering or a full-blown party, and whatever style you would like to achieve: vintage, shabby chic, rustic, we can help by putting you in touch with local wedding planners, caterers, independent chefs, musicians and photographers. It’s your day, and we are here to help you achieve the perfect wedding celebration in the Algarve, and will make sure it turns out to be exactly as you envisaged.
Ideas on how to style your outdoor rustic wedding
We have a selection of wedding decorations at our venue to help you style your outdoor wedding. If you looking for wedding inspiration then take a look at this video showing Figs on the Funcho styled for a rustic wedding celebration.
Bring some of your own personalised decorations such as bunting,lavender hessian bags for party favors and family photographs for a photo wall to infuse your own personality.
Your villa wedding package
Our beautiful riverside location can provide you with the perfect place for your Algarve wedding:
- An exclusive wedding ceremony and reception for the agreed number of guests.
- An intimate rehearsal dinner location on the waterfront deck with gorgeous tranquil views.
- Spacious, rustic and tranquil outdoor areas for your welcome cocktails, ceremony and wedding reception.
- The River House accommodation can sleep up to ten guests and three babies in cots for a week.
Rustic Wedding Location Video
10 Reasons to have your Algarve rustic wedding celebration at Figs on the Funcho
- Say ‘I do’ at a beautiful secret rustic waterfront oasis
- A civil ceremony or blessing at your own exclusive and private venue
- Gorgeous sunsets and panoramic vistas for your pictures
- Your post-wedding brunch under the carob trees on the Waterfront Deck
- A peaceful setting with no need to worry about immediate neighbours
- A choice of outdoor spaces for pre-dinner drinks and dining
- Enjoy a free wine tasting session to discover some of the best Portuguese wines to serve on your special day
- Figs on the Funcho allow you to choose the vendors of your choice or let our outdoor catering team prepare a freshly made on-site delicious outdoor buffet for your guests
- We can introduce you to local wedding planners, photographers, caterers or florists
- Celebrate your honeymoon at our apartment on the five star, first class luxury beach front resort, Pine Cliffs.
Credit: Photography by Charlotte-Jane Photography and Daracle Photography.