The Algarve River House | Idyllic Retreat Location
Join one of our upcoming retreats, in this beautiful part of Southern Europe. Nestled in the Algarve countryside in Portugal, surrounded by outstanding natural beauty. The River House offers a magical atmosphere coupled with luxurious accommodation in the most idyllic location in southern Europe.
Holiday Retreat Dates
Below you can select a date to meet up with us on one of our upcoming retreats and experience the luxury of modern comfort combined with an enchanting outdoor space in Portugal’s southern most region.
It is possible to join both the Mixed Media and Botanical Painting holidays as the dates run consecutively.
01 – 07 June 2024
21 – 27 September 2024
- Bedroom shared with a friend with en-suite bathroom painter €1,540 | non-painter €1,265
- Bedroom shared with a friend with shared bathroom painter €940 | non-painter €790
- Glamping shared with a friend with shared bathroom painter €910 | non-painter €760
- Private bedroom with shared bathroom €1,290 per person
- Private bedroom with en-suite bathroom €1,870 per person
- Glamping private with shared bathroom €1,260 per person
07 – 11 June 2024
27 September – 01 October 2024
- Bedroom shared with a friend with en-suite bathroom painter €1,075 | non-painter €895
- Bedroom shared with a friend with shared bathroom painter €690 | non-painter €580
- Glamping shared with a friend with shared bathroom painter €660 | non-painter €550
- Private bedroom with shared bathroom €940 per person
- Private bedroom with en-suite bathroom €1,295 per person
- Glamping private with shared bathroom €910 per person
You may book your own private walking holiday anytime in May, September, October or November with a minimum of 6 persons (subject to availability).
4 Night Break Dates
- Bedroom shared with a friend with en-suite bathroom €932 per person
- Bedroom shared with a friend with shared bathroom €567 per person
- Private bedroom with shared bathroom €780 per person
- Private bedroom with en-suite bathroom €1,130 per person
6-Night 7-Day Break Dates
8 – 14 March 24
18 – 24 October 24
- Bedroom shared with a friend with en-suite bathroom €1,397 per person
- Bedroom shared with a friend with shared bathroom €850 per person
- Private bedroom with shared bathroom €1,170 per person
- Private bedroom with en-suite bathroom €1,697 per person
Vegetarian Mediterranean Lifestyle Cooking
- We offer culinary workshops or short break cooking retreats where guests can enjoy the Vegetarian Mediterranean Lifestyle inspired by Middle Eastern chefs such as Ottolenghi & Tamimi
June and September are ideal months for a sunny holiday as the temperatures are comfortable and warm and perfect for lovers of the outdoors. You can expect the daytime temperature to reach almost 30 °C and the lowest drop can be about 17 °C. The annual weather temperatures for Portugal’s Algarve can be viewed here
Deposit : 25% At time of booking to secure a walking or painting holiday date
Final payment: 8 weeks prior arrival
Please find details of our cancelation policy here
Design your signature retreat in a unique and secluded setting in the south of Portugal, surrounded by nature, space and tranquillity.
Nestled in the hills of Silves, The River House offers total privacy and luxurious accommodation for up to 10 people in the Algarve’s peaceful countryside.
Designed for small groups, gatherings and events, The River House is perfectly suited to hosting retreats with themes such as:
- Health and wellness: walking, yoga, meditation, detox, diet, therapies
- Creativity and the arts: writing, drawing, painting, crafts
- Business and corporate retreats: professional development, change management, team-building, brainstorming
Whatever the theme, this idyllic retreat location on the banks of the Funcho river is perfect for inspiring creativity, connection, transformation and peace of mind.
Undisturbed tranquillity, spectacular views and unbeatable sunsets await…
Overlooking the dam of the river Funcho, in the peaceful countryside and with the delightful climate of the Algarve, The River House at Figs on the Funcho provides a secluded, and peaceful location surrounded by nature.
Traditionally a Portuguese farmhouse, this spacious accommodation combines original character with modern style and comfort.
Less than an hour’s drive from Faro Airport into the gentle rolling hills of Silves, The River House is set in a sheltered position with outdoor decking offering warm sunny spots to fully relax and regenerate.
Make use of the infinity pool with an incredible view, for refreshing dips or leisurely soaks, and ample terrace areas offering canopied or natural shade, for your activities and alfresco dining.
A unique retreat location for your group to connect, maintain focus, achieve goals and enjoy.
“Just spent a wonderful week at Figs on their art retreat. A truly remarkable venue with great food and top hosts. Rooms beautiful as was the setting and the art workshops (mix media) were a great way to spend the day. Thoroughly recommend and look forward to my next stay.” – Jo
When possible the event is held outdoors and additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect.
Figs on the Funcho have been awarded the Portuguese Clean&Safe seal and we work together with our local cleaning company to ensure that our rental property’s cleaning arrangement meets the “Clean & Safe” protocols by following the new villa rental hygiene guidelines.
In addition to the new holiday rental Clean&Safe guidelines, our art students attending our painting lessons will be asked to adhere to our coronavirus protocols, see details regarding our coronavirus policy