A Refreshing Choice for Your Next Retreat in Southern Europe
Create a spectacular retreat for your clients in a unique and secluded setting in the peace Algarve countryside in the south of Portugal. Surrounded by nature’s breathtaking bounty, The River House provides the perfect backdrop for tranquility and transformation.
Nestled in a nature reserve in the hills of Silves, The River House offers total privacy and luxurious accommodation for up to 10 people and 2 hosts in a spectacularly restored Portuguese farmhouse. Perfect for intimate groups, this riverside refuge is ideal for transformational retreats featuring:
- Health and wellness activities: walking, yoga, stand up paddle boarding, meditation and movement classes
- Creative pursuits: writing, drawing, painting and crafts
- Corporate trainings: professional development, management, team-building and brainstorming.
Whatever theme you have in mind, this idyllic retreat location in southern Europe, on the banks of the Funcho river, is perfect for inspiring creativity, connection and peace of mind. A perfect location for your group to deepen connection, unwind tension and bathe in the beauty of nature.
Make this Riverside Retreat location your space.
A secret yoga retreat oasis in Southern Europe
Modern Style and Luxurious Accommodations
Originally a Portuguese farmhouse, The River House is a spacious property which has been fully renovated to combine modern style and traditional charm.
Just a 35-minute drive from Faro Airport into the Algarve’s peaceful countryside, The River House features:
- 5 double bedrooms, 2 with ensuite bathrooms – and a large communal bathroom. All rooms can have single beds upon request.
- 1 small room for 2 hosts, cloakroom and an outdoor shower.
- Light and airy social spaces; high-ceiling lounge and kitchen outfitted with a center island and a bespoke cherry wood dining table.
- Spacious deck area with terraces offering warm sun, a cool canopy and natural shade, all with stunning views of the countryside and breathtaking sunsets.
- Infinity pool with jaw-dropping views of the Funcho dam and river area.
The spacious outdoor areas are designed for a variety of uses including relaxation, workshops, meditation, therapies and alfresco dining. Mature carob trees adorned with lanterns lend a magical atmosphere. This undisturbed and tranquil location offers spectacular views and unbeatable sunsets to inspire your creativity and infuse your heart with a sense of peace.
And, that magic happens year-round. The Algarve has over 300 hours of sunshine and most days have clear blue skies. The Algarve is truly and ideal all-year-round retreat destination.
The months, April/May and September/October, are ideal for exploring the outdoors at The River House and enjoying the outdoor beauty of the region. Springtime means wild lavender, varieties of birdlife and a bounty of wildflowers. The villa is wonderfully positioned on the path of the Via Algarviana walking route. This clearly signposted route meanders along the Funcho river to the village of Messines and is a breathtaking backdrop for a retreat of any kind.
For a scenic tour of the property’s fabulous amenities and features, the following video has been lovingly created to delight your senses:
Delight Your Guests With An Incredible Array Of Awe-Inspiring Activities
Whatever the focus of your retreat is, we can support you with a tailor-made itinerary, referrals to local activities and marketing through our website.
We work closely with a number of local artisans and purveyors in the Algarve countryside. We can also provide personal recommendations for activities and venues to complement your vision.
You can select catering, workshop and activity options to enhance your bespoke retreat. Most of the activities are held at the location, keepign the group all in one place, therefore cutting the cost and stress of arranging additional transport.
On-site interesting experiences and activities to offer your group include:
- Yoga (local teachers)
- Massage therapy – Full body aroma or Indian head massages
- Gong baths
- Nature walks on the self guided via Algarviana walking route
- Wild swimming
- Stand up paddle (SUP) lessons/tours
- Portuguese wine tasting
- Cooking classes using local fresh fruit and vegetables from a nearby produce market
Off-site experiences to offer your group include:
- Quad biking, only a 10 minute walk from the location
- Scenic walking with the donkeys
- A trip to the seaside, local waterfall or fresh springs
- Wine tasting at an award-winning wine cellar nearby.
A Wide Variety Of Mouth-Watering Culinary Delights Await You And Your Guests
You will feast on a varied menu of raw, local seasonal produce and fresh juices, exploring what feels good and tastes great. Our menu includes tasty homemade cakes and treats too!
If you’d rather roll up your sleeves and prepare food for your guests , our expansive fully equipped kitchen is the perfect setting to turn fresh, seasonal produce purchased from the nearby Farmers Market into delicious delights. You can even have local ingredients procured for you courtesy of our shopping concierge service.
And for foodies everywhere, our Figs on the Funcho Culinary Extravaganza is just for you. Featuring a customized tour of regional dishes highlighting local flavors & delicacies, you and your guests will love the local fare of the Funcho.
Promote your retreat
Create printed and online material with the help of our resource library: high-resolution photos, and postcard and video templates that can be customised with your content and branding.
We can also feature your retreat on our website, share the news with our mailing list and help promote your events using our social media platforms.
Portugal’s Algarve wild lavender in Spring
Marque with river views – 6M X 4M
It’s your time | Make it your signature retreat.