Congratulations on your engagement! Now begins the hard work: planning your wedding. Let the team at Figs on the Funcho take the stress out of your wedding planning with our rustic Algarve wedding package. We offer catering for intimate weddings in Portugal through to larger, more elaborate celebrations, serving up delicious food in stunning, serene settings to ensure your wedding day is special.
Catering options for your wedding in Portugal
Getting married should be the best day of your life. We can guarantee a stress-free event as we partner with many of the best wedding planners in the Algarve, so every little detail is taken care of. Our buffet menu caters for all dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free, to ensure all your guests have a fantastic day.
Menu options for your wedding
Whether you’re planning an intimate wedding in the Algarve with 30 guests or a lavish celebration with 80 guests, there are menu options available to suit your needs. Food is served in a relaxed yet sophisticated buffet style, allowing your guests to unwind and enjoy the celebrations, and the stunning surroundings of Figs on the Funcho.
Our buffet menu includes:
- Canapes, including flambeed chorizo, a selection of bruschetta and delectable shrimp, lemon and black pepper mayonnaise or Marie rose sauce tostas
- Cocktails (not included in the price as we offer a BYO service)
- Meat, seafood or vegetarian/vegan options including:
- Your choice of spit roasted meat. Options available include: roasted sea salt and paprika chicken, pulled pork with a sweet and spicy tomato and beer glaze, leg of New Zealand lamb, Bohemian spit roast (pork) with crackling – or even roast suckling pig!
- Seafood paella or poached whole salmon fillet
- Chickpea vegetable tagine, rice with garlic, soy sauce and sauté vegetables or tomato and garden vegetable ragu with mozzarella
- A choice of Mediterranean roasted potatoes with garlic and oregano or new potatoes in butter
- Three salad dishes of your choice, freshly made on site with seasonal produce – choose from delicious options such as our Thai three salad with lemon, lime, roasted chilli and herb dressing or our Portuguese salad with extra virgin olive oil, lemon and oregano dressing
- A selection of bread
- A range of sauces – choose between sweet chilli, coriander and citrus, Aioli or the Portuguese spicy Peri-Peri sauce
- Desserts – home-made chocolate fudge cake with ice cream, fresh fruit salad with ice cream or yoghurt and passion fruit coulis or bola da bolacha (biscuit and crème with almonds)
We’re happy to cater for vegetarian and vegan guests– just let us know about your guests’ dietary requirements or allergies when you book. Click here to see the full buffet menu.
A taste of Portugal
At Figs on the Funcho, you can BYO and stock your own bar from the comfort of home, with no corkage fees. We partner with Rui at Wine and Co, who offer free, distinct and exclusive Portuguese wine tasting sessions when you’re in the Algarve, or have samples delivered to your door to try in the comfort of your own home! For the perfect digestif, why not serve up the local arbutus-berry brandy, Medronho (the Algarve’s firewater), which is produced at Casa do Medronho in Marmelette, less than an hour’s drive from us.
Garden parties at Figs on the Funcho
If you’re getting married in the Algarve at a church or registry office, why not hold your reception dinner and celebrations with us? Your guests can enjoy canapes and cocktails on the Sunset Terrace and a relaxing dinner under the Carob Tree canopy on the Waterfront Deck. The garden party buffet menu includes all of the above (for 30 or more guests), with a lighter option of fresh fruit salad for dessert, all served in the beautiful Algarve sunshine.
What to expect from our wedding catering
Getting married in Portugal is one of the best ways to ensure you’ll create amazing memories you’ll treasure forever. We’ll take care of the food, leaving you free to mingle with your guests and enjoy your day.
Included in our Algarve wedding package is:
- Glasses, tableware and furniture
- A bar with Bar staff who will chill drinks, serve welcome drinks, and after ceremony drinks and place bottles of wine on the tables for dinner. Then, while you’re enjoying your dessert, the bar is turned over and your own pre-arranged drinks service will take over. We can even bring ice (for a small extra charge)!
- A team of helpful staff to lay out the buffet, serve guests, refill the buffet and help in any way needed. We wash up and clean up after ourselves too.
Why choose Figs on the Funcho for your Algarve wedding?
Whether you decide to hold your wedding ceremony at Figs on the Funcho and say your vows on our Sunset Terrace or are celebrating with a reception dinner here, there are plenty of reasons to choose us for your wedding in Portugal.
Figs on the Funcho enjoys a blissful, tranquil location in the Algarve countryside, on the banks of the River Funcho. With over 300 days of sunshine a year, you’re practically guaranteed blue skies and sunshine for your dream wedding in the Algarve, and your guests can enjoy riverside views (and maybe spot some of our local wildlife, too) on the big day. We serve up pre-party champagne and delicious canapes on our Sunset Terrace near the Pool Deck, while dinner is served buffet style under the canopy of carob trees on the Waterfront Deck.
To find out more about our Algarve wedding package, you can download our rustic wedding brochure and wedding buffet menu or get in touch with Cheryl at email@example.com or call on +44 7976 660 526.